Panchkarma – The Five Fold Therapy
Ayurveda is the most ancient system of medicine in the world. It is 5000 yrs old ancient wisdom which means ‘science of life’. It is the art of daily living in harmony with the laws of nature. Its aims and objectives are to maintain the perfect health of the healthy person through prevention and to cure the disease in an unhealthy person through proper diet, lifestyle, panchkarma treatmement, and Ayurvedic medicines.
Panchakarma is an integral part of Ayurveda which helps achieve a balanced state of body, mind, and consciousness. It is a unique detoxification and rejuvenation programme for body and mind. Panchkarma is basically five major karmas or therapeutic procedures, namely: Vaman, Virechana, Basti, Nasya, Raktamoskshana.
- Also known as external oleation
- Body massage with medicated oils
- Improves blood circulation
- Strengthens muscles and bones
- Revitalizes the body self-healing mechanisms
- Prevents aging process
- Also called Steam Bath or Fomentation Therapy
- Lessens the heaviness and stiffness of the body
- Rids the body of excessive pain and tenderness
- Corrects the stiffness and pain of feet and knee
- Useful in treating Arthritis
- Removes dyspnea, hoarseness, and cough